- Classification –Advise and guidance for classification of goods under appropriate Chapter Headings/Sub-Headings
- Valuation –Advise and guidance in determining the assessable value for payment of Customs duty and other valuation matters.
- Procedures –Advise and guidance on procedural issues relating to import/export of goods such as filing of Bills of Entry, Shipping Bills, setting up of Public/Private Bonded Warehouse etc.
- Technical –Advise and guidance on technical issues like export promotion schemes/DEPB/Advance Licences/SION
- Refund/Rebate/Drawback –Assistance in availing Refund/Rebate/Drawback of Customs duty/SAD (Special Additional Duty)
- Investigation –Guidance and assistance to the importer/exporter during investigations by department at the time of import/export and by Anti-evasion field formations of the department.
- Litigation –Preparing and filing of replies to Show Cause Notices, appeals before Commissioner (Appeals), CESTAT, High Court, Supreme Court, attending personal hearings and appearance before Courts.
- Liaison –Interacting with the concerned department on behalf of the client for trouble shooting and ensuring smooth functioning of the affairs of the client.